I do not drink enough water throughout the day, and I try really hard but I always fail to follow through. I work a desk job so I always have a bottle of my water on my desk. The problem is that I only drink maybe 1 bottle if that in the 8 hours that I am at work, and even less when I am at home. Even when I am outside on a really hot day, I have to force myself to drink water. I am not usually thirsty, but I know it is really bad if you’re in the heat and not getting enough water.
The thing is that I just don’t drink a lot of liquids throughout the day. I mostly gave up pop about 5 years ago, I still have a Sprite or 7 Up once in awhile, but nothing with caffeine in it. I will drink lemonade, Gatorade, and maybe a few other juices a little as well. As far as I know I haven’t had a problem with being dehydrated, but maybe I have and I just don’t realize it.
Here are some reasons we should be drinking more water. Unless you already drink the 8 glasses a day, then you probably don’t need any more. I however don’t even come close to drinking 8 glasses of water a day.
1. Helps you loose weight. A lot of the time when people feel hungry we are actually dehydrated. So try drinking a glass of water if your feeling hungry. I need to try this one. Since I like many people am a bored eater, maybe I am not hungry I am just dehydrated.
2. Helps clean out your digestive system. Drinking water helps flush out your system. This will help with your digestive system. Your food will go through your body better and you won’t get constipated as easily.
3. Can help treat headaches and migraines. Headaches and migraines are commonly caused by dehydration. So by staying hydrated it will help with not getting as many headaches and migraines.
4. It will help increase your energy. When you are dehydrated you don’t have as much energy. Your body isn’t preforming to its highest level. Keeping your body hydrated will keep all your muscles working at a high level.
5. Improves your skin. Water helps keep your skin hydrated. By keep your skin hydrated it keeps it healthy. It is also a good anti-aging regime and most of all its cheap. Drinking water is supposed to with acne as well. It helps flush the bacteria out of your skin that causes breakouts.
5. Drinking water can help put you a good mood. Most of the time when we feel tired and fatigued during the day, it is because you are dehydrated. Staying hydrated helps keep your muscles hydrated and working in top form.
These are just few reasons to drink water. I am going to try a lot harder at drinking more. I will see if it helps give me more energy and loose some weight. Like I said earlier I am a bored eater, so maybe I am not really hungry just thirsty.
If you have tips of ways I can drink more water leave them in the comments below. Sometimes I need a drink that has some flavor to it as well. I have tried the flavors you put in your water in the past. All the ones that I have tried tasted bad to me. I never did find one that I liked.
* We are not a professionals! These opinions are just that opinions and research that We have done and tried for ourselves. Be sure if you have any questions to consult a professional.*