Now that it is getting to be fall here in Iowa, I thought I would share my top 5 reasons to love fall. My favorite season is summer, but fall does have some great things going for it.
1. Football: I love football, it is definitely one of my favorite sports. As a sports photographer, football is definitely my favorite sport to shoot. That is until it gets really cold.
2. Colors: I love fall colors, the maroons, browns, and golds. When I take landscape and family pictures, I love taking them in the fall with all the leaves changing and falling to the ground. One thing I like about fall is that it is starting to cool off. I love summer but sometimes it is just way to hot. With the cooler weather we can start drinking hot chocolate and apple cider.
3. Fashion: With the weather cooling off now there are some great fashion. Oversized sweaters with skinny jeans and super cute boots. I love boots, all different kinds, flats, low heels, high heels, riding, leather, suede, and moccasins. I love sweaters, one thing I hate about winter is being cold, but with fall I feel like it’s just cool enough. Good thing most of my fall outfits can transition in winter. I will also wear a lot of my summer shirts as well, I just add a cover up of some kind. This makes it more fall and also warmer.
4. Pumpkin patches/Apple Orchards: I love pumpkins. I remember when I was younger we would go to the pumpkin patch and get to pick out our pumpkins, then bring them home and carve them. During a visit to a pumpkins patch is going on a hayrack ride through the patch, and around a farm. As we got older we would just buy them from the store. When we were younger, I remember going to my grandpa’s house and on his farm they had an apple tree that grew a ton of apples. So we would go and spend a day picking all the apples, to eat, and cook with. We would have so many apples that we didn’t know what to do with all of them.
5. Weather: Now I really love summer, I love the warmth of it. Well here in Iowa it can get burning hot for long periods of time. So hot that you can’t stand to be outside. Well after enduring months of that it is nice to have a break. The cooler weather also means more layers, which I din’t always live. For some reason I do feel like I have cuter outfits to wear in the fall though. The only bad thing about the cool weather means snow is right around the corner. We can get snow in the fall, it never fails we get it around Halloween or Thanksgiving.
There are so many great things about fall, from clothes to food to weather. These are just a few of them. What are your favorite things about fall? Share then in the comments below.